Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh
When I lived in New Orleans, I lived down the street from this AMAZING Lebanese restaurant. Their Tabouleh was out of this world packed with flavor, but full of Gluten. Every once in a while I crave that tabouleh with an unbelievable force, but nothing has come close yet...until now. This grain free version is lemony and minty and fresh, plus it has an extra serving of vegetables (which means more micronutrients, fewer calories, and more fiber) from the cauliflower. Eat up!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 bag of Trader Joes Cauliflower Rice, or 1 head raw cauliflower, riced in a food processor
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 persian cucumbers or 2 regular cucumbers
- 1pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups curly parsley leaves (about 2 bunches)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 red onion
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
What I Did:
- Preheat the oven to 400. Pour the riced cauliflower over the baking pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper as thinly as possible so it begins to toast in the oven. Toast it for about 15 minutes so it begins to brown, but not burn.
- Trim the ends off of the cucumbers, then slice them in half, and quarters. Slice into ¼ thick slices. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and place in a colander. Sprinkle generously with salt to let them drain out their extra moisture.
- Wash and dry the parsley and mint, finely chop them and place the herbs in a large salad bowl.
- When the cauliflower is toasted, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Drain the cucumbers and tomatoes and add to the parsley and mint.
- In a blender or food processor, mix the dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss!
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving so the flavors can mingle.
- Serve alone or with your favorite protein!