Gross name. Delicious cookies. Need I say more? I shouldn’t have to, but I will. Juuuuust for you. I am SO into that salty/sweet flavor combo, and these cookies nail it. They’re called garbage cookies because you basically take the leftover junkfood from your pantry and throw it in this cookie batter. Got some s’mores leftovers? Perfect. Bottom of a potato chip bag? HELL YES.
Pro-tip: If you have time, chilling your dough for an hour or so can help keep them from spreading.
Pro-tip 2: These cookies need to be COMPLETELY cool before you move them off of the baking sheet or they will become a cumbly mess that you will have to put in the actual garbage.
What You’ll Need:
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
3/4 cup coconut sugar
2 large eggs, room temp
1½ teaspoons vanilla
2 ¼ cups paleo baking flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped up marshmallows
1 cup crushed pretzels
What I Did:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended.
4. Add chocolate chips, marshmallows, and pretzels, and stir until combined.
5. Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
6. Using an ice cream scoop, place dough onto the baking sheet about 2 inches apart from each other. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool completely before serving.