Italian Style Stuffed Peppers
This is another one of our favorite and transportable lunch recipes: Italian-style chicken salad stuffed peppers. This is another one that’s super easy to adjust to your tastes. Swap out the sundried tomatoes and basil for some cumin and chiles for a Mexican flair, or trade out the chicken for tuna or salmon. The meal lasts well for a few days, so make a big batch, and leave it in your fridge for a quick and delicious bite!
What You’ll Need:
- 1.5 pounds of cooked chicken (roasted, grilled, baked, whatever).
- 1/4 cup of red onion
- 1/2 cup of diced mixed bell peppers
- 1/4 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup of sundried tomatoes (diced)
- 3-4 basil leaves, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons of Whole30 approved mayo (make your own or scoop some up; we love Primal Mayo from @ThriveMKT)
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Juice from one small lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One whole bell pepper for serving
What I Did:
- Combine all of your ingredients in a bowl (except the whole bell pepper) until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the deliciousness into a bell pepper.
- Chow down taco style! Nom!
That’s it! So easy and so delicious. This will make your co-workers’ jaws drop when they see you unpack one of these babies in the teacher workroom.