Greek Style Lemon Chicken
This is perhaps the easiest recipe eve. I hesitate to even call it a recipe because you put things in a zip-top bag that you probably already have at home already? With a flexible marinating time and very little other prep required, this recipe is an answer to almost any schedule.
For dinner during the week, put the chicken in to marinate before work; take it out when you get home and cook it up. On a weekend, just refrigerate it for 2 hours before you're ready to cook. The marinade really does all the work for you, after that, you just have to put the chicken in the oven and you’ll be ready to eat in less than an hour (if you marinate it in an oven-safe dish, you won’t even have to worry about transferring it).
This Greek seasoning blend has tons of flavor though--don't let the ease fool ya. This is also an ideal meal prep recipe because you can make a ton of this and have it for your lunch every day. Have it with some sweet potatoes and broccoli, or have it over some greens for a salad. How's that for convenience?
What You'll Need:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 TBSP dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
What I Did:
- In a ziptop bag, combine olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice and oregano. Seal the bag and mush it together.
- Add the chicken breasts to the bag and marinate for at least an hour in the fridge, up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Place chicken on a baking sheet, and put a slice of lemon on top.Bake for 10 minutes. Flip to other side and bake for another 8-10 minutes.