Grilled Salmon and Summer Veggies with Chimichurri
Grill season is HERE baby! In our house we are delighting in grilling just. about. everything. I hate being indoors this time of year--whether it's to cook or to work. Lucky for me, this recipe gets me outside, cold beer (read: glass of rose) in hand, socializing with my family instead of cooking for them.
This is more of a method than a straight recipe--you can use any fish or veggies you have on hand. I used salmon because I had some in my freezer from Vital Choice, but you could use halibut, scallops...anything that you've got. I used zucchini and fennel for the veg because that's what the guy who runs the farmstand down the the street said was freshest.
The whole thing can be ready in 20 minutes, so have someone set the table, grab your grill tongs and let's get cookin'.
What You'll Need (serves 4):
- 1lb wild caught salmon
- 2 organic summer squash
- 2 bulb fennel
- 2 organic tomatoes
- 1 lime
- 1 large handful: parsley, cilatry
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
What I Did:
- Light and preheat the grill to medium.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel, then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cook the fish, skin side down, about 4 minutes per side.
- Trim the ends off of the squash, and cut in to rounds about 1/2 inch thick. Slice the core off of the fennel and cut in to vertical strips (about 4 per bulb). Quarter your tomatoes. Cut the lime in quarters.
- Drizzle olive oil over veggies, then salt and pepper. Grill the veggies until you get good marks, then flip.
- While the salmon is resting, combine EVOO, vinegar, spices, garlic and herbs in a blender for chimichurri. Blend, baby!
- Serve up your salmon and veggies. Top with plenty of chimichurri!