Borrowing Barefoot: Parmesan Thyme Crackers
I'm back on my Ina game this summer here in East Hampton, so when my mom said she wanted to try and make these crackers gluten-free, I was in! The original recipe is from "Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics." I tried a 100% dairy-free version, but the nutritional yeast left a little to be desired in the taste department. So in this version, I'm using organic ghee and Parmesan to hold the biscuits together. If the butter you're using is high-quality, I'm okay with it. For most people, it won't lead to an inflammatory reaction. Anyway, next time you're having a get-together, try these babies out for a crunch before the main dish!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 8 TBSP cold ghee
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
What I Did:
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
- Form dough in to a log and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- Slice crackers about 1/4 inch thick and place on baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for 22 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.