Copycat Trader Joe's Chili Lime Chicken Burgers
If you have a Trader Joe’s near you, you might be familiar with their Chili Lime Chicken Burgers. They are frozen burger patties, that are Whole30 compliant, easy to defrost and very versatile. But what if you don’t live near a Trader Joes? What’s a whole30er to do? In the summer, which is OPTIMAL grilling season, I don't live near a TJ's. I missed those slightly spicy, always juicy, veggie-filled burgers. So I decided to make my own.
This one will keep you in Burger Heaven. This recipe is full of summer flavor but is hearty and delicious. I like these best on the grill, but sometimes I cook them in our tiny NY apartment too. I am really looking forward to making them on our new grill in CT.
You could also turn these into meat balls, or just ground meat for a taco salad topper! This recipe makes 8 burger patties, at about 4oz each. I serve them with grilled veggies, on an iceburg lettuce bun, and topped with guacamole.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 lb ground turkey
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 chopped bell pepper, any color
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
What I Did:
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Fold the ingredients in until thoroughly mixed. Your turkey will look like it has little bits of confetti in it.
2. Heat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill burgers for about 3-4 minutes a side.
3. Remove the burgers from the grill and allow to rest for about 5 minutes.
4. Top with some guacamole or avocado slices!
Burger on, peeps!