Seven Minute Salmon Salad
Something about doing deadlifts makes me HUNGRY. Like not a little hungry, like I'm going to eat every single thing in sight hungry. So when I get home from the gym on a deadlift day, I know I've got to get something in my system ASAP. That's when I call on this Seven Minute Salmon Salad. With all these ingredients on hand, this lunch literally comes together THAT quickly. It's my go to light-lunch that feels fancy, but really isn't.
The key is having the Vital Proteins Salmon ready to go in your freezer stash. So before I go to the gym, cut the salmon out the bag and put it in a bowl of room temperature water. It defrosts while I'm at the gym.
Then, I cook it in a skillet and throw it together with other green things and fruit and nuts you've got lying around! Whisk together a quick dressing and BOOM instant restaurant quality meal.
What You'll Need:
- 1 serving Vital Proteins Salmon
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 handful pecans or other nuts
- 1 handful blueberries or other berries
- 2 handfuls arugula or other greens
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp chipotle lime mayo
- 1 TBSP red wine vinegar
What I Did:
- Once the salmon is defrosted, put the coconut oil in a skillet and heat to medium. Season the salmon on both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place the salmon in the skillet on one side for 3 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, tear up your greens, and top with your chopped nuts and berries.
- Flip the salmon, and cook for 3 minutes. While the salmon is cooking, whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over your salad. Add the salmon.
- Eat up and kill your hangry beast....FAST.