Pineapple Fried "Rice"
A while ago (read: years) I threw together some unlikely ingredients and my husband said "I'd eat this again." Well, I've tested and honed the recipe, fed it to him a few more times, and now I present it to you!
Pineapple Fried Rice is really not rice at all. I guess you could make it with real rice if you wanted, but we like veggies in this house. If you've got left over chicken or shrimp or tofu, throw it on in there! Coconut aminos are naturally sweet, so the pineapple really brings out that flavor.
If your protein is ready, this is a weeknight dinner recipe that could come together in about 20 minutes--it's that easy!
What You'll Need:
- 1 bag pre riced cauliflower
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2TBSP fish sauce
- 2TBSP coconut oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
What I Did:
- Place the coconut oil in a skillet and add onion and diced bell pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes until fragrant. Add garlic.
- Add the cauliflower rice and allow to cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- Add coconut aminos, fish sauce, sesame oil, and pineapple. Let come together on the stove top for about 5 minutes.
- Top with green onions and slivered almonds for serving!